Monday, January 9, 2012

11 months

We've reached 11 months! All I can say is that I'm in awe. Not completely of them, but of us. The four of us have survived each other 11 whole months. That's a big accomplishment in my book.

Reaching 11 months means that we have one month to go until their first birthday party which I've been busy planning which I've been procrastinating planning in full force. It's not because I don't want them to have a great party, it's because selfishly I don't want my babies to grow up. I never thought I would get to the point where I'm ready for them to stop growing and be my babies forever. People warned me it would happen, I thought they were insane, but they were right. This whole past year I've been rushing to get to the "good part" now that I'm standing here looking back I see that the past 11 months have been the "good part" and I didn't appreciate and cherish it like a should have (I blame the PPD and sleep deprivation). So now here I stand, looking back and wondering where the time has gone, where my small babies have gone and trying to figure out a way to slow down time. Since I can't find a way (yes I tried to Google it, still no answer) I'm going to do my best to cherish my precious time with my babies.

Now I must say I LOVE having twins. There have been many times where Tim and I are trying desperately not to lose our sanity and we look at each other and say "at least they weren't triplets" and we're usually able to smile after that. One huge plus to having twins is that they usually play together pretty well.
This video is kind of long, but watch the first minute of it and you'll get the gist. Watch the whole thing though and you're guaranteed to smile! Ok maybe that's just Tim and I... 

Yesterday, on the morning of their 11 month birthday Clive and Scarlet decided to celebrate by breaking a piece of our bake ware. And I SWEAR I heard Clive say "mazel tov" after he did it! Totally possible considering I am half Jewish. 

Super adorableness after bath time. That's the only reason for this picture. It's the only reason I need. 

To date Scarlet has been taking more steps than Clive. She will take about 4 steps at a time before she falls. She started before Christmas and has since been perfecting it. Clive on the other hand has no desire to walk. He can, but he prefers crawling. He's already a lazy man. 


Speaking of Clive... We call this video "Clive v. the Tub of Butter". As I joke I taught Clive that the empty butter tub goes on top of your head, like a hat. He thinks it's the greatest thing in the world, and he'll literally sit there putting it on and taking it off and laughing the whole time. This particular time, he hated everything and decided to throw a fit about nothing. Enjoy. 


Another thing about having twins is they get into twice the trouble in half the time

11 months, wow. I'm so blessed to have these two mischievous, loving, messing, crazy babies to call mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment