Monday, July 18, 2011

Hiding things from Tim

So, I’ve had several people ask me about hiding stuff from Tim, and what I mean by that. I’m really surprised by that question, I mean I openly admitted I own a topless painting and not ONE person has asked me about that. Come on people, I’m pretty proud of that thing. Anyways, it’s pretty simple, I hide things from Tim when we’re in a fight. Everything is fair game and I have a ton of places to hide things. I feel like it’s very therapeutic, Tim feels like I’m teetering on the verge of kleptomania but I don’t really care, and I continue to do it. I’ve hidden almost everything you can think of from him. I listed some things in my previous post, but the weirdest thing I’ve hidden from him lately was one of the babies car seats (I would have hidden them both but I could only find a hiding place for one). For some crazy reason I honestly thought if he left the house he would take one of the babies, which is insane for two reasons. One- they were napping, and in my house you don’t disturb them when they nap at the same time! And Two- why would he take a baby??? That would be helping me out, and he was mad at me. It’s way more of a punishment to leave me with both of them alone, especially when they wake up cranky from a nap. Well he did leave the house to go get Starbucks and in the meantime I set out to hide a car seat. I was clearing out cabinets, laundry hampers, closets, anywhere I could think of to hide it. I did find a place eventually (and it only took me 7 minutes of running around the house like a maniac with an empty car seat), but I won’t tell you where in case Tim’s reading this and I decide to hide it again. I eventually snuck it out of its hiding place without being noticed, but I kept his sunglasses hidden to make myself feel better. I highly recommend hiding your spouse’s items anytime you’re in a fight. It gives you a nice sense of arrogance and accomplishment like you’ve secretly won the fight, and you have!


*Oh and Tim if you’re reading this, yeah I know you didn’t know about me hiding the car seat, you can just add this to the list of reasons why your wife is crazy.

  And just for fun, I've included a picture of my babies in their car seats. They look bored.  

2 comments: