Yesterday my babies turned 6 months old, and I celebrated with a margarita snow cone from Bahama Bucks. I added tequila to it when I got home because I just made it through 6 months without losing it, or losing them. Winning! I’m excited Tim and I have made it this far, we deserve a freakin medal! I wish they made twin mom medals, that’s going into my idea folder.
I remember being pregnant with them not to long ago and answering all the annoying questions, and wishing that they were here so I wouldn’t have to answer them anymore. But guess what, they’re here and I’m still answering them. Here’s a quick summary of their stats and common questions I get asked, I’m writing this for you random lady at Home Depot.
- 1. She is older by 3 minutes.
- 2. Yes they are twins.
- 3. He is bigger by 5oz.
- 4. I know they’re small, yes I’m feeding them.
- 5. No I didn't use fertility treatments.
- 6. No twins don’t run in our family.
- 7. No I don’t know how I do it either.
- 8. I’m glad you never had twins too.
- 9. No I don’t want to hear about how your cousin’s, sisters, next door neighbor had twins in a shopping mall (true story).
- 10. They don’t talk, so stop trying to make them say things like “bye bye”. Oh and repeating it over and over again doesn't do anything, it just gets on my nerves and forces me to walk away even faster.
- 11. No they are not identical, she has hair, he’s bald, his face is round, hers is ovalish, her hair is dark, his hair is light, and of course HE’S a BOY and SHE’S a GIRL. Use your imagination here.
It’s crazy having twins, life is chaos at times but then you have incredibly sweet moments and you realize all the hard times are worth it. Then they spit up on you and laugh about it (my babies can be jerks).
Scarlet throwing a fit
Happy Clive in the morning
Clive getting upset because he can't eat the Starbucks cup
Saturday morning smiles
Saturday afternoon chaos
Life is good.