Monday, September 12, 2011

Public Service Announcements: Rules you think people should know but they don’t and your all like “wow your momma failed you”

I have come to the realization that some people do not know etiquette/ proper behavior when it comes to certain situations. Thankfully for everyone I’m around.

  • After swimming in a lake (especially one that contains gasoline and fish poop) please wash your hair. Dry shampoo is not an acceptable substitute.
  • Please do not talk about the menstrual cycle of your dog at the dinner table.
  • The birth story of you new litter of kittens and how you witnessed the “miracle of their birth” should also not be discussed at dinner.
  • When hosting a dinner party for several friends do NOT ask your guests who are coming to bring the main dish while you, the host, provide the drinks.
  • The word “Shortly” implies two hours, not two weeks.
  • Please don’t go around and tell people your babies poop smells like Doritos. It ruins them for the rest of us.
  • Do not spoil the ending of a television show that people are in the middle of watching. That goes for movies too.
  • When you just meet someone don’t let one of the first things that comes out of your mouth be “I have this new credit card and it has a ten thousand dollar limit. How big is your limit?”
  • Do not go to a strangers house and tell them “I would love to help you decorate. Oh you don’t have a big budget? Well I have a credit card.” Also, don’t tell that same person that you would prefer their television mounted above their fireplace.
 I’m sure I could write a whole lot more, but I’ll end up being irritated at the world. Instead I’m going to leave you with an adorable picture that makes me smile.


My beautiful  baby girl 

Clive insisted on having his cousin Kaleb hold him and he gave him a kiss. So sweet! 



PS- Do you have anything you wish people would know? Post them in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Do NOT clip your fingernails AND TOENAILS in public...your office counts as a public place.

    Do NOT chew food whil you are on a business call.

    That list could go on forever, but these are two that I experienced this morning while at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALWAYS ALWAYS know the rules for when the Zombies come... watch I AM LEDGEND && ZOMBIELAND PEOPLE!!!

    P.S. Those pictures make me smile too! I hope to see you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby- That's gross!!! What's wrong with people???

    Mallory- THANK YOU! Finally someone get's it!

    ReplyDelete